Explore the unique ice-covered waterfalls and beautiful scenery of Banff’s Johnston Canyon during this guided Icewalk. Embark on a half-day hike which takes you all the way to the iconic upper falls, a glittering tower of ice that rises 30 meters.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible—book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Duration 4 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
Select participants and date
Meeting point may vary depending on the option booked.
What to bring
- Thermal clothing
- Warm clothing
- Snow clothing
- Warm shoes
- Luggage or large bags
Know before you go
- The minimum age for this tour is 8 years
- Children aged 15 and under must have someone 18 years and older with them
- All adults must sign a waiver prior to the tour. A waiver must also be completed by the parent or guardian of any child under the age of 18
- Guests should dress in winter clothing for this trip including a winter jacket, snow pants, hats, mittens, and waterproof winter boots
- In total, this is a 5.4 kilometer hike with 135 meters of elevation gain. Moderate fitness is recommended to ensure that you enjoy the tour