Hike through fresh, deep snow in the Canadian Rockies on this beginner-friendly snowshoeing tour. Wind along a snowy path through a forest of pine trees to the Paint Pots, a cultural treasure in Kootenay National Park, and learn about the area's history.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Duration 4 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Small group
- Limited to 12 participants
Select participants and date
Wait at the public bus parking spot located behind the Mount Royal Hotel at 138 Banff Ave. You must be ready 5 minutes prior to the 1:12pm pick-up time.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Thermal clothing
- Warm clothing
- Snow clothing
- Luggage or large bags
Know before you go
- Dress in winter clothing for this trip including a winter jacket, snow pants, hats, mittens, and waterproof winter boots.
- Safety is the first priority: if the guide thinks your attire or footwear isn’t appropriate and compromises your safety on the tour, you may not be able to participate
- Children aged 15 and under must have someone 18 years and older with them
- The minimum age for this tour is 8 years
- All adults must sign a waiver prior to the tour
- A waiver must also be completed by the parent or guardian of any child under the age of 18