Discover Ubud, the artistic heart of Bali, and explore its rich culture. Enjoy Ubud’s relaxed lifestyle as you wander around its art galleries and craft shops, and complete your tour with a spectacular cultural performance.
What to Expect
In the 1930s Cokorda Gede Agung, regent of Ubud, founded the painters co-operative: a dance troupe and gamelan orchestra. His intention was to ensure the preservation and development of Balinese art.
Gradually, Ubud and the neighboring village Peliatan became a Mecca for painters, dancers, musicians, and writers.
Spend an evening here in Bali’s artistic heart and enjoy its gentle pace of life, the village atmosphere, and the delicious wholesome food served in its restaurants.
Discover the wealth of Balinese culture as you leisurely stroll around Ubud’s art galleries and quality craft shops, and be enticed by one of the cultural performances offered on this tour including the:
• Legong Dance: composed of 5 to 6 short dances and usually including the renowned dramatic warrior dance
• Ramayana Ballet: a classical dance re-enacting part of the Indian Ramayana epic
• Wayang Kulit-Shadow Puppet show at Oka Kartini’s: An hour-long show portraying the highlights of the Indian epics by a Dalang puppeteer.
- English-speaking guide
- Entrance Fee
- Government Tax
Meet at hotel lobby (Kuta, Seminyak, Sanur and Nusa Dua Area)
Know Before You Go
• Legong Dance: composed of 5 to 6 short dances, usually including the renowned dramatic warrior dance.
• Ramayana Ballet: a classical dance re-enacting part of the Indian Ramayana epic.
• Wayang Kulit-Shadow Puppet showat Oka Kartini’s: An hour-long show portraying the highlights of the Indian epics by a Dalang puppeteer.
• Please re-confirm your booking at least 24 hours before tour departure and provide hotel details for pick-up purposes
• Legong Dance available every Monday at Ubud palace at 19.30 and every Saturday at Pura Dalem Puri at 19.30
• Ramayana Ballet available every Tuesday at Ubud Palace at 20.00
• Wayang Kulit–Shadow Puppet Showat Oka Kartini’s available every Sunday and Wednesday at 20.00