Go inside the crater of a volcano on a half-day tour of the west side of São Miguel. Enjoy breathtaking views and visit a pineapple plantation to learn how the famous crop of the Azores is produced. Get breathtaking views from the Escalvado viewpoint.
What to Expect
Begin your tour of Sete Cidades and the lakes of São Miguel with a visit to some pineapple greenhouses. See the plantation and production process of the Azores famous crop from start to end.
Continue towards the village of Sete Cidades ("Seven Cities") stopping en route for some panoramic views of the west of the island of São Miguel. Marvel at a stunning scenery of small hills and green pastures, and see the peak of Carvão, from where both the north and south coasts of the island can be seen. Discover some of the island's smaller lakes such as the Lagoa das Empadadas, Lagoa do Canario and Lagoa de Santiago.
Experience the island's most famous observation point, considered one of the "7 Natural Wonders of Portugal." Then, continue into the peaceful village of Sete Cidades, dramatically located at the bottom of a volcanic crater. Acclimatize to the serene way of life in this extraordinary place, and visit the harmonious church.
Get stunning views of the fishing village of Mosteiros from the Escalvado viewpoint, from where you can admire the local summer houses, exquisite beach and natural pools created by lava formations.
- Pick-up and drop off
Know Before You Go
• Children must be accompanied by an adult
• Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
• Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
• Refunds will not be issued if the tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of your cruise ship
• Please note that this tour may be operated by a multi-lingual guide
• Please advise of any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
• A vegetarian option is available. Please advise at time of booking if required