Azores Whale Watching Expedition and Islet Boat Tour
- Be on the lookout for whales, dolphins and turtles with a marine guide
- Admire views of volcanoes, sandy beaches and islets on an Azores boat tour
- Learn about marine biodiversity from the professional staff on board
After the briefing, board the designated boat and head out to sea. The boat will approach the whales slowly and carefully as the naturalist guides and marine biologists on board provide commentary.
The boat trip also includes a tour around the Princess Ring Islet of Vila Franca do Campo, for an up-close look at the volcano and resident wildlife.
Light food is permitted on board, and a camera is essential to capture the wildlife you spot on the tour.
- Professional marine wildlife guide
- Experienced skipper
- Zodiac RIB boat (12 to 28-person capacity)
- Impermeable top and life vest
- Hotel pick-up and drop off (available separately)
- Personal water supply
- Children under 4 years
- Pregnant women
- People with back problems
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
The meeting point is TERRA AZUL base, Marina of Vila Franca do Campo, 4, 9680-909, São Miguel, Azores Islands. From Ponta Delgada town center by auto, head east along the coast and follow the signs to Vila Franca do Campo. Once in Vila Franca do Campo, descend toward sea level and the marina where the tour operator's base and boats are located.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• This activity is not recommended for pregnant women, people with weak backs or delicate health issues or children under the age of 4 years. All children must be accompanied by at least 1 adult
• Tour is subject to weather and safety conditions, and may be modified or cancelled without prior notice