Roman and Medieval Provencal Heritage from Avignon
From $127 per personBook now
Pick-up serviceYour hotel in Avignon
- Visit the roman arenas in Arles, used during antiquity for gladiator's battles
- Have a full immersion in a unique sound and light show
- Discover the majestic Pont Du Gard, the masterpiece of a 50 kms Roman aqueduct
Then your visit continues to Les Baux De Provence: Walk in this typical provencal village that used to be a medieval stronghold. Its paved streets and its belvederes will charm you. In July and August visit the castle and experience the handling of middle age siege weapons such as trebuchet, mangonel, crossbow (entrance tickets included).
Nearby the village of Les Baux you will enjoy a unique sound and light show in Carrières De Lumières, based on the works of the great painter Marc Chagall, enhanced by classical and contemporary masterpieces of music. Entrance tickets included. Have a long free time for lunch (not included) in Arles, this rich historical and cultural city, UNESCO World Heritage Site. Visit the roman monuments such as arenas or have a drink in "Cafe Van Gogh".
Your last destination of the day is Pont Du Gard. Discover the famous roman aqueduct, and walk around to find the best photo spot. Finally you return to Avignon and drop you off to your hotel after 7:00 m.
- Travel in air-conditioned 8 seats minivan with driver/guide
- Gasoline and highway toll expenses
- Entry fees to mentioned monuments and show
- Personal expenses
When the hotel islocated in a walking street, or during the Avignon's theater festival, there can be a meeting point in front of Avignon's Tourism Office. (Open in Google Maps)
• Comfortable walking shoes are required.
Product ID: 69503