Take a full-day trip from Krakow to visit Auschwitz-Birkenau and the Wieliczka Salt Mine. Learn 2 lessons of history in one day, from the terrors of WWII to craftsmanship in an age-old salt mine.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible—book your spot and pay nothing today. Learn more
- Duration 11 - 12 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the ticket line
- Live tour guide
- Pickup optional
- Please wait in front of the hotel 5 minutes before your scheduled pickup time.
- Private group available
Select participants and date
Meeting point may vary depending on the option booked.
What to bring
- Passport or ID card
- Comfortable shoes
- Weather-appropriate clothing
- Sleeveless shirts
- Food and drinks in the vehicle
Know before you go
- In exceptional cases, due to the regulations of the Auschwitz-Birkenau Museum and Memorial and for mutual safety in connection with the coronavirus pandemic, the local partner reserves the right to change the pickup time
- The temperature in the Wieliczka Salt Mine is about 14 - 16°C. It is recommended to bring warm clothing even in the summer
- There are 800 steps into the salt mine, including 380 right at the start. It is recommended to wear comfortable shoes
- Entrance may be refused if the name provided on the booking is not identical to the name on the ID provided when entering
- The maximum size of backpacks or handbags brought into the museum cannot exceed the dimensions of 30x20x10 centimeters. You will be asked to leave your bigger belongings in a car or in luggage storage