Impress your friends back at home with photographs taken as you immerse yourself into the landscape of Middle Earth. Led by an expert guide, enjoy a tour of the set of Hobbiton, travel by deluxe coach, and journey through the spectacular Waitomo Cave..
What to Expect
The beautiful landscape of New Zealand is perhaps most famous for being the film location of Middle Earth in the iconic Lord of the Rings trilogy. Take this exclusive opportunity to visit the Hobbiton village set and see the picturesque locations that make Middle Earth so idyllic!
Relax in the comfort of the luxury coach with free wifi as you begin your journey across the lush pastures of Waikato and the rugged terrain of King County. Enjoy a morning snack as you travel past the historic battle site of Rangiriri.
Be amazed at the stalagmite and stalactite formations on your guided tour of Waitomo Caves. Marvel at the sparkling galaxy of blue lights above as you take a silent boat ride through Glow worm Grotto – a subterranean cavern that is lit by thousands of tiny glow worms.
Following your visit to Waitomo, enjoy lunch at the Green Dragon Inn as you are transported to Rotorua. From here you will depart on the Hobbiton Movie Set Coach Tour. Your guide will give you the inside story on how the farmland was transformed into The Shire of Middle Earth. Take photographs as you explore hobbit holes, see the Green Dragon Inn, and many structures from the movies.
After the movie set tour, journey to the small rural town of Matamata where you can enjoy some free time before the return trip to Auckland. A one-way tour option is also available and concludes in Rotorua following the tour of Hobbiton.
- Waitomo Cave tour including Glowworm Grotto boat ride
- Hobbiton Movie Set guided tour
- Lunch at the Green Dragon Inn
- Morning snack
- Pick-up and drop-off from selected hotels in Auckland
- Free wifi onboard the coach
What's Not Included
- Additional food and beverages
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• A complimentary pick-up and drop-off service is available from selected Auckland hotels. Please contact the Tour Operator for locations and times.
• Please contact the Tour Operator to discuss any specific dietary requirements for the inclusive lunch.