Hobbiton & Waitomo Glowworm Caves Premium Tour from Auckland
Pickup includedPick-up possible from hotels located in the Central Business District (CBD) in Auckland. Pick-up can also be arranged from Auckland Airport or the cruise ship terminal on request, subject to availability. Please contact the local operator after booking to arrange.
- See where The Lord of the Rings was filmed at the Hobbiton Movie Set
- Learn about glowworms at the Waitomo Glowworms Cave
- Get stunning views of the Kaimai Range from the comfort of a luxury vehicle
Hobbiton Movie Set (guided tour, walk)
Waitomo Caves (guided tour, walk)
On arrival, follow in the footsteps of your favorite Lord of the Rings characters on an official 2-hour guided tour of the 1,250-acre sheep farm where the movie was shot. Get amazing views of the Kaimai Range as you are led through the site to discover the Hobbit Holes, Old Mill and Double-Arched Bridge. Stop for a complimentary drink at The Green Dragon Inn.
Continue to the Waitomo Glowworm Caves and learn about the amazing glowworms and the caves' historical and geological aspects on a guided boat ride. Sit back and relax, and enjoy the scenery on the return drive to Auckland, where you will get dropped off at your hotel on arrival.
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Transportation by luxury Mercedes van with Wi-Fi
- Tickets for a 2-hour guided tour of the Hobbiton Movie Set
- Free drink at The Green Dragon Inn (alcoholic or non-alcoholic)
- Tickets for a 1-hour guided tour of Waitomo Glowworm Caves (including boat ride)
- Snacks, bottled water and soft drinks
Prepare for the activity
- Comfortable shoes
- Weather-appropriate clothing
• The Hobbiton Movie Set tour is a fully guided walking tour. Sensible footwear is recommended