Embark on a day trip from Auckland to Hobbiton, Rotorua, and the Waitomo Caves. Eat lunch at Pataka Kai restaurant with views of Te Puia's Pohutu Geyser and Whakarewarewa Thermal Valley.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details. Learn more
- Duration 13 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Pickup included
- Pick-up and drop off is available from central Auckland hotels. Provide your accommodation details when booking and the local operator will advise your pick-up details with confirmation. Please note that your pick-up time may be earlier than the tour start time.
- Small group
- Limited to 15 participants
Select participants and date
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Weather-appropriate clothing
- Reusable water bottle
- Smoking in the vehicle
- Food in the vehicle
Know before you go
- Note that there is some driving between attractions so this tour may not be suitable for children 2 years or under
- The tour involves a reasonable amount of walking on uneven ground
- New Zealand weather can be very changeable throughout the day, so go prepared
- If you prefer more time in Rotorua, you might like to consider an overnight tour
- Please note you must be ready and waiting at your specified pick-up time as the tour has set times at each of the attractions visited and unfortunately cannot wait
- This tour requires a minimum of 4 people to run