Embark on a day trip from Auckland to Hobbiton, Rotorua, and the Waitomo Caves. Tour the movie set, admire glowworms, and enjoy lunch at Pataka Kai, a restaurant next to the Te Puia thermal reserve.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 13 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the ticket line
- Live tour guide
- Pickup included
- Pick-up and drop off is available from central Auckland hotels. Provide your accommodation details when booking and the local operator will advise your pick-up details with confirmation. Please note that your pick-up time may be earlier than the tour start time.
- Small group
- Limited to 12 participants
Select participants and date
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Weather-appropriate clothing
- Reusable water bottle
- Smoking in the vehicle
- Food in the vehicle
Know before you go
- Note that there is some driving between attractions so this tour may not be suitable for children 2 years or under
- The tour involves a reasonable amount of walking on uneven ground
- New Zealand weather can be very changeable throughout the day, so go prepared
- If you prefer more time in Rotorua, you might like to consider an overnight tour
- Please note you must be ready and waiting at your specified pick-up time as the tour has set times at each of the attractions visited and unfortunately cannot wait
- This tour requires a minimum of 4 people to run