Explore Paihia and Cape Brett on the tip of New Zealand’s North Island on a combined full-day cruise and coach tour from Auckland. Discover the area's most renowned sites, with free time in Paihia and a 3-hour eco-cruise around Cape Brett.
What to Expect
One of New Zealand's premier tourist destinations, the Bay of Islands offers white sand beaches, striking coastline, marine wildlife and subtropical foliage. Many day tours force tourists to choose between a visit to Paihia or Cape Brett, but on this Bay of Islands full-day express tour from Auckland you will get to do both!
After a pick-up at your hotel, head across Harbor Bridge towards the beautiful white sand beaches of the Hibiscus Coast. From here, if time allows, you will make a brief stop to see the majestic Kauri trees at Parry Kauri Park. This species of tree, native to New Zealand, is among the world's tallest.
Continue to Whangarei, the Northland's only city, and the region's largest port. Drive north to Paihia, a relaxing holiday hotspot that offers many delicious restaurants. You will have approximately 1.5 hours free time to wander along the waterfront and soak up the beautiful scenery.
Complete your sightseeing tour with a breathtaking 3-hour eco-cruise to Cape Brett. Get amazing views of secluded and stunning islands that help give the region its reputation. Pass under the Hole in the Rock (subject to sea conditions) and marvel at the magnificence of the naturally-occurring rock passage. Look out for dolphins, which are spotted on more than 90% of sailings.
- Pick-up from your hotel/motel in Auckland
- Transportation by deluxe coach
- English commentary from driver/guide
- Audio commentary in German, Spanish, Japanese and Mandarin (on request)
- 1.5 hours of free time in Paihia
- 3-hour Cape Brett cruise
- Local taxes and fees
What's Not Included
- Food and beverages
- Gratuity (optional)
Know Before You Go
• The duration of the tour, including transportation, is approximately 12.5 hours
• Taped multilingual commentary in German, Spanish, Japanese and Mandarin is available on request. Please inform the supplier upon the reconfirmation of your booking
• Children 4 and under travel free, if a seat is not required (meals will be charged accordingly)