Explore multi-cultural Auckland and its West Coast with a local Maori guide and learn about the region’s history and people. On this unique full-day tour you’ll see the major highlights of the city and the dramatic scenery of the outlying coastal area.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- COVID-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 8 hours
- Starting time 9:00 AM
- Instant confirmation
- Pickup included
- Pick-up is from Downtown Auckland hotels, the SkyTower or at the cruise ship port.
- Explore Auckland with a local Maori as your guide
- Visit important historic sites and learn about the fascinating Maori culture
- Discover dramatic cliff tops, black sand beaches, and stormy seas on the famous ‘Wild West Coast’
- See Auckland's most iconic volcanoes
- Lunch and snacks
- Hot and cold drinks
- All taxes and park fees
- All required protective equipment is provided
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
- Customers must keep distance in vehicles
- The number of visitors is limited to reduce crowds
- Customers must fill out a travel information form
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
Know before you go
- Please bring walking shoes, sun hat, sunscreen, swimming gear (in summer), and your camera.
- The local guide prides themselves on providing an all-inclusive tour with no hidden costs or souvenir shop pit stops.
- The tours require a minimum of two adults to operate. Please inquire for single passenger bookings.