The City of Athens and the Acropolis: Full-Day Tour
From $74 per personBook now
- Make your way through the historical city center of the ancient Athens
- Enter the Acropolis from the south to avoid the great crowds that gather there
Start the day at the Syntagma metro station, where you will enjoy a brief visit to the metro Museum and its fascinating archaeological artifacts from daily life in ancient Athens that came to light during the construction of the metro. Continue on to the National Gardens and pass the neoclassical architectural design of Zappeion Hall. From this vantage point, you can see the remaining colossal columns of the Temple of Zeus, as well as Hadrian’s Arch.
The tour then continues to the Acropolis, entering from the southern slope to avoid the crowds, and the great Dionysus Theatre, the most significant theatre of its kind in Europe. Ascend the Sacred Hill of the Acropolis, stopping along the way at the great monuments, including the Parthenon, the Erectheion, the Propylaia, the Nike Temple, the Odeon of Herodes Atticus and the ancient Agora.
Enjoy some free time to explore the Acropolis and Plaka before you begin to make your way back to Athens.
- Round-trip transfer from Piraeus Port and back
- Guided tour of the Acropolis
- Professional, licensed tour guide
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fees (approximately EUR 26 per adult)
- Gratuities (gratuity rates in Greece are around 10% of service cost)
From the terminal: Our office representative, a guide, or a driver will be waiting for you at the cruise arrivals terminal holding the orange-colored Athens Walking Tours sign and will escort you to your coach / taxi at 08:45. Walking tour: The coach / taxi will drop you off at the entrance of the Syntagma metro station in front of the Parliament. Your guide will be waiting for you INSIDE the Metro Station on the lower level by the ticket validating machines, underneath the hanging clock, holding an orange Athens Walking Tours. Back to the ship: The coach / taxi will be at 15:50 at the beginning of the pedestrian Walk Way of D. Areopagitou in front of Melina’s statue across from Hadrian’s Arch. If you miss the return transfer you will have to return to the port of Piraeus with your own means. You must be at the designated meeting point AT LEAST 10 minutes prior to departure time because the coach / taxi will briefly(!) stop to pick up guests and depart immediately. (Open in Google Maps)
You will have free time in Plaka.
- Full refund if the cancellation takes place at least 72 hours before the scheduled start time.
- 50% refund if the cancellation takes place 24 to 72 hours before the scheduled start time.
- There will be no refunds if the cancellation takes place less than 24 hours before the scheduled start time.
Product ID: 42176