Discover the site of Ancient Corinth, and marvel at the Corinth Canal on the Isthmus of Corinth on a full-day private tour from Athens. Cruise down the Corinth Canal. Go to the site of the Temple of Apollo, and learn more about the historic settlement.
What to Expect
Escape the hustle and bustle of Athens on a full-day private tour to the ancient city of Corinth, and the late 19th-century Corinth Canal cut into the rocks of the Peloponnese.
Following a pick-up from your hotel in central Athens, drive approximately 1.5 hours to the Isthmus of Corinth, the narrow land bridge that connects the Peloponnese peninsula with the rest of mainland Greece. Look at the ships passing through the narrow Corinth Canal, an ancient project that was finally realized at the end of the 19th century. Transfer to a small boat for a cruise along the canal.
Then, go to the site of Ancient Corinth, and learn the history of the important Greek settlement. Hear about the archaeological digs that revealed new facets of classical history, and uncovered ancient artifacts from Greek civilization. See the dramatic ruins of the Temple of Apollo, along with other landmarks, such as the Fountain of Glauke, the Spring of Perinander, and the remains of the Lechaion Road
- Transportation by air-conditioned bus
- English-speaking guide
- Visit to the ancient site of Corinth
- Corinth Canal crossing
What's Not Included
- Optional gratuities
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• Please note that you must be comfortable walking approximately 1.6 kilometers over varying terrains, including steps and inclines
• The transfer to Corinth is approximately 1.25 hours each way
• Please note that the order of the itinerary is subject to change
• Please note that the tour does not see, pass, or visit the Acropolis of Athens