Take a guided tour through the streets of Athens and see the city’s highlights, including Syntagma square, the Parliament, and the hip Plaka district. Admire the views of the Acropolis before ascending to the site, where you’ll enjoy priority admission.
What to Expect
Discover the extraordinary sites and ancient ruins of Athens on a comprehensive city tour that takes to you face-to-face with antiquity at some of the city’s most breathtaking World Heritage Sites.
Your 3-hour walking tour begins at the Syntagma metro station. The guide will show you the archeological sites around this historic square before continuing on to Parliament House and the Monument to the Unknown Soldier. You’ll even get to see the pageantry of the changing of the guards!
Visit the National Garden of Athens, and see the neo-classical Zappeion Hall. In front of the Hall are the towering columns that once belonged to the Temple of Zeus and Hadrian's Arch. This 6th-century B.C. temple was dedicated to the kings of the gods, but wasn't completed until nearly 600 years later.
From here you’ll enter the hip and cool Plaka district. Walk past the the portrait of Melina Merkouri, one of Greece’s most famous film actresses and politicians. Continue walking along the winding pedestrianized streets, passing bustling cafés.
You’ll soon begin the ascent to the Acropolis, taking in stunning views of the city below. Your knowledgeable guide will tell you about the monuments at the base of the Acropolis, including the famous Parthenon, Erechteion Propylaia, Nike Temple, the Dionysus Sanctuary, and Philopappos Hill.
- Knowledgeable local guide
- Skip-the-line group entry
What's Not Included
- Entrance fees (approximately EUR 26 per adult)
- Hotel pick-up and drop off (only included in the cruise ship option)
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Know Before You Go
• Entrance fees (Acropolis and Temple of Zeus ticket costs EUR 26 for adults and EUR 13 for students. Children under 18 enter for free)
• Cancellation 72 hours before the start time: Full refund
• Cancellation 24 hours-72 hours before start time: 50% refund
• Cancellation 0-24 hours before start time: No refund