This tour spans 3,400 years of Athenian history, including Greek and Roman ruins, medieval churches, Ottoman mosques, stately neoclassical edifices, vibrant city squares, and colorful markets.
What to Expect
Birthplace of drama, democracy, and philosophy, Athens today is a maze of aesthetic anarchy filled with steel and concrete edifices and bustling thoroughfares. But hidden away from the busy main roads you will find a secret city of narrow alleyways, hidden courtyards and ancient buildings all of which are cobwebbed by time. Relish this cultural mishmash with this walking tour that explores the neighborhoods where Athens began.
Over the course of the walk, your guide aims to give a broad but comprehensive look at the city, explaining in detail how the city as a whole has been planned and built as well as the institutions, individuals, and visionaries who are a part of its long, compelling story.
- Local docent of high academic standing
- Notes of the itinerary#
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
What's Not Included
- Meals and drinks
Know Before You Go
• Children must be accompanied by an adult
• Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
• This tour provides a general understanding of the city and does not enter any archaeological sites
• A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
• This is a small group of maximum 12 participants