Enjoy an evening trip to the astonishing Temple of Poseidon on Cape Sounion, and admire the sunset over the Aegean Sea. Learn about the Athens Riviera and immerse yourself in local Athenian life.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 6 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- English, Greek
Select participants and date
Outside the Halandri Metro Station (Blue Line), which is a 20-minute ride from Athens Syntagma. Once you are at Halandri Metro Station, follow the exit “To Vrilissia” and meet your trip attendant outside the station. Please bear in mind that you should be at the departure point 10 minutes before the time indicated in the schedule. Save time and avoid city congestion with direct departure from the highway. Gain up to an hour more for your excursion and enjoy more time for breakfast. Reach our meeting point in just 18 minutes from the city center. Experience local life and culture with the Metro Museum trip led by an archaeologist.Open in Google Maps ⟶
Know before you go
- Entrance to the archaeological site is free for youths up to 18 years old and students inside the European Union
- Reduced entrance (50% off) is valid for European Union citizens aged over 65 and students of higher education institutes outside the European Union.
- In the winter season (1 November to 31 March) the general entrance fee to the archaeological site is €5
- Make sure to arrive at the meeting point 10 minutes prior to tour departure
- Wear comfortable shoes to walk around the archaeological site of the Temple of Poseidon in Sounio