Don't miss the opportunity during your stay in Athens to visit the breathtaking Meteora monasteries with this amazing full-day rail tour. Countless panoramic images will remain etched in your memory with the opportunity for video and photos along the way.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 1 day
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
Catch the morning train to Kalambaka from Athens 'Larissa' Railway Station (ΣΤ.ΛΑΡΙΣΗΣ). The driver will be waiting for you at the Kalambaka train station holding a signboard with your name on it.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Sun hat
- Sleeveless shirts
Know before you go
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- To enter the monasteries, appropriate clothing is required. Ladies should not wear short skirts and must have long sleeves. Men are not allowed to wear shorts. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- You will board the train from Athens on your own, using the tickets sent to you via email.
- Your guide will meet you at Kalambaka train station after your train arrives
- You will be sent the train tickets via email approximately one month before your trip date
- Please be at the station at least 30 minutes before the departure in order to have plenty of time to find your coach and seats. The stewards there will assist you.