Travel by bus from Athens to Meteora and enjoy tours of the area including a majestic sunset tour. See all six monasteries as you learn about the area's history and culture from local tour guides.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Duration 2 days
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- English, Greek
- Small group
- Limited to 15 participants
Select participants and date
• Look for the 'Meteora Thrones - Travel Center' logo on the front door to identify the tour bus • Departure: The bus departs at 08:00 am from Larissis Station in Athens. We will be waiting for you outside the train station on the road across the street (Theodore Diligianni Street). Please be there 15 minutes before the bus departure • You can reach the meeting point by taking the Red Line metro/subway or by Taxi about 5 euros from the center • Boarding procedure: No bus ticket is required. Just give your name to the driver for verification • Seats are not assigned, so you are free to choose your seatOpen in Google Maps ⟶
Know before you go
- The transfer from Athens to Meteora is usually done by train. However, recent flooding in Greece has temporarily disrupted train services. Replacement buses are in place to ensure uninterrupted travel until train services are restored. The itineraries and stops of this tour remain unaffected so that you can enjoy this activity with confidence