Visit Ancient Agora, the commercial, political and financial heart of ancient Athens. The walk through the monuments will offer you the sense of traveling back in time. This is where the ancient Athenians created the cradle of western civilization.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 69 - 75 minutes
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the ticket line
- Live tour guide
Select participants and date
Your guide, holding an Athens Walking Tours orange colored sign, will meet you outside the main entrance of the archaeological site of the Ancient Agora, on Adrianou street, opposite St. Philippos Greek Orthodox Church. Please be at the meeting point 15 minutes prior to given departure time. This is a continuation of the Athens City Tour & Acropolis tour which starts earlier and thus the guide will come pick you up together with the rest of the group at the main entrance of the Ancient Agora.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Passport or ID card
- Comfortable shoes
- Sun hat
- Student card
- Baby strollers
- Luggage or large bags
Know before you go
- There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough participants to meet tour requirements. In that case, an alternative or a full refund will be offered
- The tour takes place in all weather, rain or shine, so please be prepared with hat, raincoat etc.
- Admission fees for all places visited are not included in the tour price. Please make sure you have enough cash (euros) with you to purchase the tickets. The tour operator will pre-buy the tickets for you so that you skip the ticket line