Athens: Guided Day Trip to Aegina and Agistri Islands
- Live like a local with a local
- Enjoy a walking tour in Aegina, the island of the artists
- Visit Kolona, the temple of Apollo, and the museum
- Explore the romantic island of Agkistri and swim in crystal-clear waters (in summer season)
- Taste the famous pistachio nuts on Aegina and other traditional Greek cuisine
- Experience a cooking class with local products and Greek wines (in winter season)
From here you will board a ferry, from where you will feel the sea breeze with a nice cup of coffee whilst taking amazing pictures of the seagulls and surrounding scenery. After 1 hour and 15 minutes, you will reach the traditional island of Aegina, the "island of artists". Here you will have about 3 hours to walk around through the picturesque alleys, the charming local shops and restaurants, as well as the traditional fish market.
Aegina is well known for the traditional pistachio nuts, and you will have the chance to taste these delicious products directly from the local producer. They are used in various sweets such as baklava, kataifi, sweet cakes, ice cream, butter, chocolates, and liqueur. The horse carriages in the picturesque squares of the island bring back retro memories of years gone by, and whilst here you can take the chance for a romantic ride around the “chora” (the capital of a Greek island).
Just 10 minutes from Aegina by taxi boat or "flying dolphin" (upon availability), lies the romantic and totally relaxing island of the Saronic Gulf: Agistri. Full of pine trees and surrounded by crystal clear water, Agkistri is a verdant paradise. You will have about 4 hours to explore Agistri, where you will discover sandy beaches; ideal for moments of total relaxation. Whilst here, your archaeologist-guide will also share with you all the stories of the island, as well as some of the significant happenings from previous years.
You can taste fresh homemade delicacies in a cozy tavern against the harbor, from a “balcony” above the sea. The hospitality in its highest level becomes one with the traditional appetizers, as you experience the welcome of the friendly islanders. After being enchanted by the island life and the majestic landscapes, you will complete this unique experience with a relaxing return by flying dolphin. You will head back to Athens, where you will return at around 7:00PM to your point of origin.
- English-speaking archaeologist guide
- Cooking class experience in Aegina (in winter season)
- Walking tour on both of the islands with your guide
- Pistachio tasting
- Basic travel insurance (during transport)
- Personal expenses
- Organized activities on each island (optional)
- Ferry ticket
- Entrance fee to the archaeological site and museum of Kolona (4€, closed every Tuesday)
- Transfer to Aegina and Agkistri (48€/person)
Prepare for the activity
Pick up and drop off is at Piraeus Metro Station, very close to the port (5min. walking distance) at 08:10a.m in order to avoid the city traffic jam. You will receive directions by e-mail with the location of Piraeus metro station. Our trip attendant-archaeologist will be waiting with a marking of Ammon Express IN the metro station once you validate your ticket BEFORE the exitOpen in Google Maps ⟶
• Please wear comfortable shoes to walk around in
• Don’t forget your swimwear, a towel, and sunscreen
• You will receive an email with the information needed to book your ferry ticket
• Please note the cost of your ferry ticket is not included
• In the winter season, the tour to Aegina includes a cooking class