Athens: Afternoon Food Tour
- Stroll through off-the-beaten-path areas in the city
- Discover where Athenians shop and eat in a lively neighborhood
- Learn about the Mediterranean diet
- Sample Greek savory dishes and sweets
Bite into a sweet, cream-filled, crunchy filo layered pie called bougatsa, fork into perfectly fried doughnut balls drenched in honey called loukoumades, and savor a satisfying meld of flavors from warm pita bread filled with seasoned grilled meat, fresh veggies and a traditional sauce called gyros.
In between each bite, you’ll gain an insight into Greece’s fascinating food culture. Learn about the evolution of the country’s cuisine and the healthy nature of locally produced, organic ingredients.
Walk along the city’s quaint Evripidou Street, known for its abundance of aromatic spices. Sample what’s behind the glass counters at family-run delicatessens. The aromas of fresh, out-of-the-oven savory pies, the tempting displays of Greek pastries and sips of Greece’s strong and tasteful spirits round out the food tour.
- Brochure with all places visited during the tour
- Athens map
- Local guide
- Food and beverage samples
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (gratuity rates in Greece are around 10% of service cost)
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
The meeting point is at Mitropoleos Square, just outside the Metropolitan Church of Athens Evangelismos Theotokou. The guide will be holding an orange sign. You can get there by foot from Syntagma Metro Station or Monastiraki Metro Station. Please be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the start of your tour.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
- Oversize luggage
- Luggage or large bags
• Limited choices for other dietary restrictions such as gluten-free or dairy-free