Athens: Acropolis Skip-The-Line Walking TourProduct ID: 54919
From $31 per personBook now
- Skip the long lines to the Athens Acropolis
- Visit famous monuments, such as the Parthenon and Temple of Athena Nike
- Get insights on Ancient Greece from a local guide
- Take in the breathtaking views of Athens from the summit of the Acropolis
- Learn new facts about sites such as Mars Hill, and the Odeon of Herodes Atticus
- Go to the site of the Ancient Agora
- Enjoy some free time to explore the Acropolis on your own
Head for the south slope of the Acropolis to avoid the main crowds. Then, pay your entrance fee and make your way inside to see the bounty of ancient treasures that await. Along the way, visit the Theatre of Dionysus, a 5th-century amphitheater that is often cited as the birthplace of the performing arts. Hear about its history and imagine it filled with the theatergoers of Ancient Greece.
Stop at the Dionysus Sanctuary, dedicated to the Greek god of wine and fertility. Once inside the Acropolis, get up-close to important sights, such as the Propylaea gateway, Erechtheion, Temple of Athena Nike, and Parthenon. Pause to take photos of these fascinating ruins, and learn their history from your guide.
Once at the summit of the sacred hill, take in the sweeping panoramas of Athens. Learn about the excavations, and get an insight into the citadel’s ruins. Hear about surrounding monuments, such as Mars Hill, the Odeon of Herodes Atticus, and the Ancient Agora, once the heart of Athens.
Your tour concludes at the summit of the Acropolis, leaving you free to continue exploring the site on your own.
- Local, licensed guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Entrance fees to the Acropolis (approximately EUR 20 per adult)
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional; gratuity rates in Greece are around 10% of service cost)
Fresko Yogurt Bar, 3 Dionyssiou Areopagitou Street (at the beginning of the pedestrian walkway from Hadrian's Arch to the Acropolis). Your guide will be holding an orange colored Athens Walking Tours sign. (Open in Google Maps)
• Please wear comfortable shoes and clothes
• The tours take place in all weather conditions, rain or shine
Please note that tours do not take place on the following public holidays:
January 1 - New Year's Day
March 25 - National Holiday
April 14 - Greek Orthodox Good Friday (before 12:00)
Αpril 16 - Greek Orthodox Easter Sunday
May 1 - Labor Day
October 28 - National Holiday
December 25 & 26 - Christmas
Product ID: 54919