Enjoy a day tour in Aswan visiting the highlights of the city as the High Dam, the Unfinished Obelisk & Philae Temple.
What to Expect
You will be picked up from your hotel or Nile cruise ship or even from the airport in Aswan to enjoy a day tour in the city of Aswan. Start your tour by a visit to the High Dam, an engineering miracle built in 1960 protecting Egypt from annual floods from the Nile. Then proceed to visit the Unfinished Obelisk which shows the techniques used by the ancient Egyptians to cut obelisks. Most probably this obelisk belongs to Queen Hatshepsut, one of the rulers of the 18th Dynasty and the royal wife of king Tuthmosis II. This queen was the owner of her Temple in the eastern bank of Luxor. Also there is an opinion said that it belongs to Queen Nefertiti. Move on to visit the majestic Philae Temple which was built on the honour of Goddess Isis the chief deity of the island. Later you will be transferred back to your hotel.
- Pick-up and drop off service from your hotel in Aswan
- Professional, English-speaking tour guide
- Entrance fees to the aforementioned historical places
- All transfers by a modern, air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water during your trip
- All service charges and taxes
What's Not Included
- Optional activities
Know Before You Go
• Soft shoes and light clothes are recommended in the Summer and a jacket during Winter