Enjoy beautiful Nile Valley scenery as you cruise down the River Nile on a 4-day cruise from Aswan to Luxor. Visit the temples of Karnak, Edfu, and more. Explore the Valley of the Kings, and soak up the luxury on board your 5-star cruise boat.
What to Expect
This 4-day luxury cruise from Aswan to Luxor on the Nile River is the perfect way to see many of the most important archaeological sites of Egypt. Visit the Valley of the Kings at Luxor, take in the splendors of the Kom Ombo Temple, and see the Necropolis of Thebes.
Your luxury boat will serve lunch and dinner throughout the cruise, and you can dance the night away to an on board disco. Relax by the sundeck and swimming pool, or seek out the services of an Egyptologist guide to learn more about Ancient Egypt.
Day 1: Departure from Aswan (Monday, Wednesday, or Friday
On arrival in Aswan, meet your local tour representative for the start of your tour. Visit the High Dam and Philae Temple. Then, board your cruise before lunch and set sail for Kom Ombo. Enjoy lunch on board, as well as afternoon tea, dinner, and an evening disco party.
Day 2: Kom Ombo – Edfu - Luxor
Enjoy breakfast on board your cruise boat. Then, disembark to visit the Kom Ombo Temple, dedicated to the crocodile-god Sobek, and the falcon-god Haroeris. Located on a bend in the Nile, it is said that in ancient times, sacred crocodiles would bask in the sun on the banks of the area.
Sail to Edfu, site of the Ptolemaic Temple of Horus. After lunch, visit the temple and ancient settlement, known in Roman times as Apollinòpolis. Cross the lock and sail to Luxor, enjoying an on board dinner and overnight stay.
Day 3: Luxor
After breakfast on board, cross the Nile to the West Bank to tour the Necropolis of Thebes, Valley of The Kings, Temple of Hatshepsut, and the Colossi of Memnon.
Luxor has often been called the world's greatest open-air museum, and the number of preserved monuments are unparalleled anywhere else in the world. Focusing on the West Bank, you will strolll around the ruins at the Valley of the Kings and Valley of the Queens, used primarily for the burials of Pharaohs. Admire the massive stone statues of the Colossi of Memnon, and the mortuary temples of the Temple of Hatshepsut.
Return to your boat for afternoon tea and relax on board, soaking up the sun by the swimming pool. Enjoy dinner and a last overnight stay on board.
Day 4: Luxor - Departure
After breakfast, visit the East Bank of Luxor to see Luxor Temple, built by Amenhotep III from Nubian sandstone. You will also visit the other great monument of the East Bank, Karnak Temple, said to be the 2nd most visited site in Egypt after the Pyramids of Giza.
Transfer to Luxor Train Station, Luxor Airport, or a Luxor hotel for the end of the tour and your final departure.
- 3 nights cruise boat accommodation (full board)
- Full board accommodation in Aswan
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicles
- Private English-speaking Egyptologist guide (on board)
- Entrance fees (excluding entry inside Tutankamun's Tomb at the Valley of Kings)
What's Not Included
- Personal expenses (laundry, sauna, telephones etc.)
- Any optional tours
Know Before You Go
• Please note that Imperial Egypt uses various different boats on the Nile cruises, but will inform you exactly which boat you will cruise on in plenty of time before your departure
• Travelers interested in visiting Abu Simbel Temple can add on 1 night in a hotel in Aswan the day before the Nile Cruise. You can also fly from Cairo directly to Abu Simbel very early in the morning, and fly back from Abu Simbel to Aswan around noon, to board the ship at lunch time
• Please note: this itinerary is subject to change for reasons beyond the supplier's control
• Cruise ships sailing from Aswan:
Monday: M/S Alyssa, M/S Semiramis, MS Amwaj, M/S Suntimes or similar
Wednesday: M/S Princess Sarah, M/S Emilio, M/S Blue Shadow, M/S Concerto or similar
Friday: M/S Amarco, M/S Dolphin, M/S Royal Esadora or similar