Assisi Wine Tasting Picnic
From $23 per personBook now
- Sample the wines of Umbria under the shadow of Assisi
- Get panoramic views of the Basilica of Saint Francis
- Learn more about viticulture via convenient information boards in the vineyards
- Sit under a veranda in the middle of the vineyards to taste local produce of cheese and meats
- Try some authentic Umbria Torta al Testo and a dessert of Umbrian cookies
The Mencarelli family has been producing fine wines and extra virgin olive oil for decades, and on this 3-hour lunch tour you will walk through their deep green vineyards, and learn about the wonderful world of Umbrian wines.
All around will be blue sky, ripe grapes, dusky olive groves, and centuries-old oak trees. Armed with a complimentary map, stop at information boards to learn more about wine and viticulture.
Then, under the veranda of the vineyards, a picnic basket will be waiting just for you! Enjoy a glass of SAIO Assisi wine and sample typical Perugia bread, with extra virgin olive oil, pecorino cheese, cured meats from the Subasio Mountains, traditional Umbria Torta al Testo (a salty cheese bread), and Umbrian cookies. All wine glasses, place mats, plates and cutlery will be provided.
After lunch, you are free to carry on enjoying SAIO wines in the relaxation area, reading more about the history and traditions of Assisi.
- Map of the vineyards
- Picnic basket with 1 bottle of SAIO wine per 2-3 persons, water, typical Perugia bread and SAIO extra virgin olive oil, pecorino cheese, cold cuts from the Subasio Mountains, traditional Umbria Torta al Testo, Umbria cookies, wine glasses, placemats, plates and cutlery
- Relax area with lounge
- Relax kit with books and magazines
- Additional wine tastings (always available in the wine tasting room)
SAIO Wine Shop, via Campiglione 94 Assisi (GPS: lat. 43.076725; long. 12.585997) From Perugia: Take SS75, exit Ospedalicchio Sud, direction of Assisi. SAIO is 9 kilometers (5.4 miles) away From Foligno: Take SS75, exit Santa Maria degli Angeli, direction Assisi. At the roundabout under the basilica of Saint Francis take direction Bastia-Perugia. SAIO is 1.5 kilometers (0.9 miles) away
• You can change the day of your tour if you call at least the day before
• SAIO is open all year long, but April to October is the best time to visit
• Opening hours: Monday-Saturday - 10.00-12.30 / 16.00-19.00 (May to October until 19.30); Sunday - 10.00-12.30
• For reservations out of opening hours please contact SAIO
Product ID: 30719