Enjoy a very entertaining and insightful tour to the Ashlar quarry and explore the origin of this white stone that gives Arequipa its characteristic look, which is known as the White City.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 3 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- English, Spanish
- Pickup included
- At your accommodation in downtown Arequipa.
- Private group
- See a demonstration of the extraction process by a local interpreter
- Learn about the historic and natural importance of this site to the region
- See the amazing representation of the Compañía de Jesus Church, which is carved in a huge ashlar wall
- Pick up and drop-off at your accommodation in central Arequipa
- Professional tour guide who speaks English or Spanish
- Entrance fee
- Food or drink
- Wheelchair users
Customers must book this activity online because the ticket office is closed
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
- Customers must keep distance in vehicles
- The number of visitors is limited to reduce crowds
- Customers must bring their own headphones
- Customers are required to bring and wear masks
- Customers will get a mandatory temperature check
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Warm clothing
- Sun hat
- Insect repellent
- Oversize luggage
- Luggage or large bags
- Alcohol and drugs
Know before you go
- Please provide the full name, date of birth, nationality, and passport number of each participant when booking because it is required in order to confirm your booking.
- Please advise us of your arrival date and the name and address of your accommodation in order to organize your transportation.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Sales tax must be collected for Peruvians or foreign visitors who stay in Peru for more than 60 days; if applicable, sales tax will be collected by the local operator.
- Please note, you are required to have a negative COVID-19 PCR test (72 hours before travel). On arrival in Peru, you must take a test ordered by the Peruvian government, or the local partner can help to arrange a test at your hotel on the day of arrival. You will pay the cost of this test. If you do not take the test you will not be permitted to take part in any tours in Peru. A positive test result requires mandatory isolation. A negative test result requires no quarantine.