Antigua Half-Day Lost Cities of the Almolonga Bike Tour
- Escape Antigua for the day and tour the countryside by mountain bike
- See ruins that covered up the former second capital of Guatemala
- Visit Lorenzo's experimental macadamia farm at Valhalla
- Explore the villages of Santiago Zamora and San Antonio Aguas Calientes
On your trip, see the city life fade and the country life take over as you travel further out. Learn about how the old city met a fateful end in 1541 as a result of a terrible mudslide released from the crater of Agua Volcano. The city disappeared in the valley between Agua, Fuego, and Acatenango volcanoes, and you will hear about the ongoing debate as people try to pinpoint its exact location.
While out and about, you will also see the villages of Santiago Zamora and San Antonio Aguas Calientes, and stop off at a macadamia farm. This trip is guaranteed to be an educational experience that will teach you about the history and culture of the area while spending time in the great outdoors!
- Mountain bike
- Bicycle helmet
- Bicycle gloves
- Bike-mounted water bottle (yours to keep!)
- All entrance fees to areas visited
Prepare for the activity
The group meets at the Old Town Outfitters shop at 9:00. This is located 1 block south of Central Park, on the corner of 5th Avenue and 6th Calle. The address is 5a. Avenida Sur #12, Antigua, Guatemala At the shop, which is open from 8:00-18:00 daily, you can purchase gear, clothing, or snacks for your ride.Open in Google Maps ⟶