Explore the mysterious 12th-century temples of Angkor Wat on a 4-day tour designed for families, and see the highlights of the former capital of the Khmer Empire from a hot air balloon and the ground. Visit a floating village, get a blessing, and more.
What to Expect
Enjoy a comprehensive 4-day tour of the mysterious monuments of the Khmer Empire at Angkor Wat and Angkor Thom on a trip designed for families. Glide the impressive flooded forest of Tonle Sap by boat, get a blessing from a monk, enjoy privileged views of the ruins from a tethered hot air balloon, ride on the back of an elephant, and more.
Accommodation at the 4-star, Cambodian-owned Angkor Home Hotel in Siem Reap is included. Located in the heart of Siem Reap, and just 10 kilometers (6 miles) from the gateway to Angkor Wat, the stylish hotel, designed to reflect all the refinements of Khmer architecture, is an ideal base to discover the splendors of the former Khmer capital in comfort.
Day 1: Siem Reap Arrival - Angkor Wat
Your family adventure begins with a bird’s eye view of Angkor Wat from a tethered helium balloon that will take you 120 meters (almost 400 feet) up in the air for panoramic vistas. Back on the ground, your guide will take you into the temple complex to explore the endless corridors and climb through hidden passageways, explaining about the Khmer rulers in a child-friendly way.
Day 2: Siem Reap - Beng Mealea
Spend the morning exploring Siem Reap to meet friendly locals and learn more about Cambodian culture. You will start with a visit to a local school, where you can join the kids as they sing songs and play games. Then go to a local temple for a private blessing by a monk. Next, climb aboard a boat for a trip on Tonle Sap Lake (June through March), or to the floating village of Chong Kneas (April and May).
In the afternoon, explore the temple of Beng Mealea, built under the reign of the same king that constructed Angkor Wat. Free from the large crowds of Angkor’s main temples, your tour takes in hidden passageways and climbs over tangled tree roots, providing the opportunity to live out your Indiana Jones fantasies!
Day 3: Angkor Thom - Bayon Temple - Ta Phrom
Today starts with a thrilling ride on the back of an elephant at the temple complex of Angkor Thom. Continue onwards to Bayon, one of the most richly decorated temples of Angkor. Next, you will visit Ta Phrom to take a special treasure hunt through the jungle-covered temple with your family. After a morning full of fun, the afternoon is free for you to explore Siem Reap at leisure, or relax by the hotel’s outdoor pool.
Day 4: Siem Reap - Departure
Enjoy some free time to buy any last minute gifts, before your transfer to Siem Reap Airport for your onward flight and the end of the tour services.
- Accommodation at Angkor Home Hotel (twin, double, and single rooms)
- English-speaking guide (other languages available for a supplement)
- Tours and transfers as mentioned by private air-conditioned vehicle (unless otherwise stated)
- Entrance fees for mentioned sites
- Ticket for hot air balloon
- Boat trip as indicated
- 2-day Angkor Park Pass
- Beng Mealea ticket
- Bottled water and cold towels daily
What's Not Included
- Cambodia visa (issued on arrival for most nationalities - USD 20 per person)
- Other meals than mentioned
- International and domestic flights (quoted separately)
- Camera/video fees
- Tips and personal expenses (drinks, laundry, telephone, etc.)
- Personal travel insurance (please ensure your insurance includes helicopter evacuation for Cambodia)
- Other services not clearly indicated in the tour description
Pick-up from Siem Reap hotels, Siem Reap Airport, or Siem Reap bus or boat station
Know Before You Go
• Please wear appropriate clothing to visit the temples (women should cover their shoulders and knees)