Explore the many temples of the Angor complex on this 2-day tour. You’ll visit Angkor Wat, Bayon Temple, Bapoun, and the Elephant Terrace. Discover Kbal Spean, the Valley of 1,000 Lingas, and finish with dinner and a traditional dance performance.
What to Expect
Discover the wonders of the Angkor Archeological Park, including Angkor Wat, Angkor Thom, and Bayon. On this 2-day tour you’ll admire the stunning carvings of Banteay Srei, the jungle setting of Ta Prohm, and the hundreds of phalluses carved in the rocks at Kbal Spean.
Start out at 08:00 at the south gate of Angkor Thom, where you’ll visit Bayon Temple, Bapoun, and the Elephant Terrace. Continue on to the Ta Prohm jungle temple, built by King Jayavarman VII (1181-1218), and dedicated to his mother. See the location for Angelina Jolie’s Tomb Raider movie. Take a break for lunch at a local restaurant.
After lunch your tour continues with a visit to spectacular Angkor Wat, built by King Suryavarman II (1113-1150), and dedicated to the God Vishnu. At the end of the tour you’ll head to a restaurant in the city for a buffet dinner and an apsara dancing show. Afterwards, you’ll be transferred to your Siem Reap hotel.
Your tour begins at 08:00 again, with a drive to Kbal Spean, commonly known as the Valley of 1,000 Lingas. Head deep into the jungle on a 45-minute steep walk to a riverbed. Marvel at the hundreds of phalluses carved in the rock. There’s a waterfall at the site, and you’ll see numerous carved animals at the top of the falls. Take a break for lunch at a local restaurant.
After lunch you’ll visit Bantaey Srei temple, where you’ll find the finest carvings of all the Angkor temples. On the way back to Siem Reap you’ll pass a number of small villages, and you may stop to see how sugar is produced from sugar palm trees. You’ll be transferred to your hotel at the end of the tour.
- Hotel pick-up and drop off in Siem Reap
- Transportation during the tour
- Professional English-speaking tour guide
- Drinking water and cool towel during the trip
What's Not Included
- Personal expenses
- Lunch and dinner at local restaurants
- Buffet dinner with apsara dancing show
- Tips for driver and guide
- Any services not mentioned in the program
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• No-shows are charged 100 per cent of the tour price
• Cancellations made 1 week to 1 day before the start of the tour are charged 50 per cent of the tour price
• 2 weeks to 1 week before the tour, 30 per cent of the tour price is charged
• 3 weeks to 2 weeks before the tour, 10 per cent is charged
• 4 weeks or more before the tour, no charge is applied for cancellation