Travel to the Matanuska Glacier, the largest glacier accessible by road in Alaska, on a day trip from Anchorage. Experience the awesome vistas of the Glenn Highway, ride onto the ice in a sled, and enjoy lunch at a rustic lodge overlooking the glacier.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 8 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- Pickup included
- Please be at the main entrance unless otherwise notified.
- Small group
- Limited to 8 participants
- Drive across the Alaskan wilderness and take in the views from along the Glenn Highway
- Spend a day experiencing this unique wintery ecosystem
- Walk on the 27-mile (43 kilometer) long Matanuska Glacier
- Ride in a sled pulled behind a snow machine to the blue ice
- Learn about one of the most studied glaciers on earth
- Enjoy awesome vistas of the Matanuska Valley between the Talkeenta Mountains and the Chugach Range
- Dine on comfort foods during a lunch at a rustic lodge
- All entry fees
- Glacier safety equipment (ice cleats, helmets, poles)
- Winter gear
- Children under 9 years
- People with mobility impairments
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
- You are required to bring and wear a mask
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
The details below may change if you update your current selection:
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Weather-appropriate clothing
- Pets (assistance dogs allowed)
- High-heeled shoes
Know before you go
- A liability release is required for this tour.
- Remember to dress warmly, bringing a hat, gloves, jacket, socks, and boots. There are several stores located in Anchorage where gear is available for purchase. In summer, dress in layers and be prepared for rain.