Travel to the Matanuska Glacier, the largest glacier accessible by road in Alaska, on a day trip from Anchorage. Experience the awesome vistas of the Glenn Highway, ride onto the ice in a sled, and enjoy lunch at a rustic lodge overlooking the glacier.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 8 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- Pickup included
- Please be at the main entrance unless otherwise notified.
- Small group
- Limited to 8 participants
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Weather-appropriate clothing
- Pets (assistance dogs allowed)
- High-heeled shoes
Know before you go
- A liability release is required for this tour.
- Remember to dress warmly, bringing a hat, gloves, jacket, socks, and boots. There are several stores located in Anchorage where gear is available for purchase. In summer, dress in layers and be prepared for rain.