Discover the landmark attractions of The Netherlands on an 8-hour tour of 4 UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Learn about the Defense Line of Amsterdam, see the windmills of Kinderdijk, go to Utrecht to visit the architect Rietveld’s house, and more.
What to Expect
Explore the UNESCO World Heritage Sites of The Netherlands on a private full-day tour by executive class vehicle.
Following a pick-up from your hotel in Amsterdam (or any other city center location of your choice), drive to The Defense Line of Amsterdam, built around the city between 1883 and 1920 to protect it from flood waters. See a few of the 42 forts, before exploring the polder landscape of the Midden-Beemster, constructed in 1612 as one of the 1st experiments in reclaiming agricultural land from the water.
Next, drive south to the city of Utrecht to visit the Rietveld-Schroder House, built in 1924 by the Dutch architect Gerrit Rietveld, and considered his masterpiece for its flexible use of space and unique visual components.
Drive on to the Kinderdijk in time for lunch, admiring panoramic vistas of all the windmills, dykes and reservoirs typical of the landscape. Head back to Amsterdam to round off your UNESCO tour with a relaxing 1-hour cruise along the canals of Amsterdam’s Canal Belt.
- Visit to 4 UNESCO World Heritage Sites: the Defense Line of Amsterdam; the Rietveld-Schroder House; the Kinderdijk; and Beemster Polder
- 1-hour canal cruise in Amsterdam
- Transportation by air-conditioned car/minibus
- English/Dutch-speaking driver/guide
- Hotel pick-up
- Drop off at the canal cruise dock
- Entrance to the Rietveld-Schroder House
What's Not Included
- Bike rental in the Kinderdijk (EUR 2.50 per person)
- Food and drinks
- Tickets and extra time at Dick Bruna's House (Nijnte's Palace)
- Admission fee to the Bruna House (EUR 12.50 per person)
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• Please book this tour at least 2 weeks in advance
• Tours in other languages are available on request. Please note that there may be an additional guide fee for this service