See the historic windmills of Zaanse Schans on a bus tour from Amsterdam with a professional guide. Learn about cheese making, walk on wooden shoes, see the interior of a working windmill and view the wooden green-painted houses and shops.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Duration 3.5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Spanish, English, German
Select participants and date
Meet at This is Holland – Overhoeksplein 51, opposite central station. How to get there: A free shuttle ferry to Buiksloterweg runs 24/7 from Amsterdam Central Station to the north shore of the river IJ - the journey time is 3 minutes. Embark via the two middle pontoons. On disembarking, turn left. It’s a 2-minute walk to This Is Holland.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
Know before you go
- This tour involves a small amount of walking
- This tour includes a maximum of 60 participants
- Children up to 3 years old are free of charge (not occupying a seat - infants must sit on laps)
- Tour operates rain or shine
- Entry to windmills costs around €5 tickets, available at service desk
- Entry to Zaans Museum ranges from €6.50-€12.50