Learn the history of cannabis and its legalization in Amsterdam on a tour of the city's best coffeeshops. Visit one of the city's oldest coffeeshops on Dam Square. Take an optional walk through the Red Light District and discover how to roll a joint.
What to Expect
Experience how marijuana became an institution in Amsterdam, and go beyond the Rasta cliché of ganja culture on a unique walking tour of the city.
Discover the special atmosphere of the coffeeshops where the drug is legally sold, starting with an introduction to the cannabis scene at one of Amsterdam's oldest coffeeshops on Dam Square. Stroll around the city with your knowledgeable guide, stopping at some of Amsterdam's best coffeeshops, pubs and other sites that only a local can know. Visit 3 different coffeeshops and an Irish pub, hearing about the history of the drug and the drug policies of the local authorities. End your ganja tour at the Rembrantplein.
Choose the optional rolling tutorial on booking, and get a short walking tour of the Red Light District, followed with a tutorial on how to roll a joint.
- Local guide
- 2 or 3-hour tour in your selected language
- Portion of "bitterballen" (a typical Dutch snack) for up to 8 people (1 piece per person) on the 3-hour tour option
What's Not Included
- Special entrance fees to clubs, bars or restaurants
- Price of weed or drinks at the coffeeshops, pubs or Red Light District services (suggested spending amount €15-20)
Know Before You Go
• This tour is not available on major holidays (Hannukah, American Thanksgiving, Queen’s Day, Christmas Day or New Year’s Day)
• Please note that the tour may be subject to cancellation in the event of hazardous weather conditions. Call the local tour provider for more information
• Tours are limited to a maximum of 20 participants per group
• You have the option to purchase a Red Light District preview for an additional €8. This includes a 30-minute walk through the Red Light District with information, a stop at a pub and fun options for the nighttime. This will be done immediately after your ganja walking tour
• A vegetarian snack option is also available
• You must be 17 years old or over to join this tour
• No refunds are granted for no-shows