Learn about the history of cannabis and its legalization in Amsterdam. This tour will also give you the opportunity to visit the best coffee shops of Amsterdam.
What to Expect
Marijuana is an instiution in Amsterdam and is much more than the Rasta cliché people have about it. Your local guide will learn you all there is to know about the ganja culture and the special atmosphere of coffee shops.
Your tour will start at the well-known Dam Palace where you will receive an introduction to the local cannabis scene at one of Amsterdam's oldest coffee shops.
Then, your guide will walk you around the city and make you visit Amsterdam's best coffee shops, pubs and other sites that only a local can know.
In overall, you will visit three different cofee shops, an Irish pub while learning about the history of drug and its policy in Amsterdam.
Your local ganja expert will then leave you near the Rembrantplein where the tour ends.
- Local tour Guide
- 2-hour or 3-hour tour in selected language
- 3-hour tour selection includes portion of Bitterballen (Dutch snack) for up to 8 people (1 piece per person)
What's Not Included
- Special entrance fees to clubs, bars, or restaurants
- Price of weed or drinks at coffee shops, pubs or red light district services (suggested spending amount EUR 15-20)
Meet in front of H&M on the Dam Square.
What to Remember
• Not available on major holidays (Hannukah, American Thanksgiving, Queen’s Day, Christmas Day, New Year’s Day)
• Tour may be canceled in hazardous weather conditions. Call the tour provider for more information
• Limit of 20 participants per group
• You have the option to purchase a red light district preview for an additional EUR 8. The preview is 30-minute walk through the red light district neighborhood, with information, a stop at a pub, and fun options for the night time. This will be done immediately after your Ganja Walking Tour
• A vegetarian snack option is also available
• You must be 17 years old or over to join this tour
• No refunds for no-shows