You’re getting it all, drinks, dykes, and Dutch traditions on this full-day adventure that crams in all the Amsterdam you can handle. Cycle the streets, snack on local foods, sample local beers and spirits, and fall in love with the ‘Dam.
What to Expect
On this full-day Amsterdam tour, you weave your way on two wheels through the city’s history and modern growth, with plenty of tasty stops along the way! Start out downtown and cycle your way out to the northern dijks (dykes). As you ride, hit up historical sites in the financial district and get an up-close look at the city’s defenses, learning how windmills, canals, and walls helped to build this nation and its people.
After all that cycling, it’s time to fuel up! You immediately start the food adventure part of your Amsterdam tour, with a visit to the Spui square, and the southern part of Amsterdam’s old city center. You’ll find out why locals love snacking on hot, saltyvlaams friets by trying some yourself. You also take a quick tour of a cafeteria, go for a stroll through a cheese shop, eat some puffed-up pancakes, and digest while you tour the oldest restaurant district in the center of town. Then, after a sip of liquor, it’ll be three more stops and eventually a sit-down for a beer tasting.
Next up, walk off all that food and drink with a wander along the beautiful streets of central Amsterdam, stopping in the northern half of the downtown area to sample local beers and learn about the Belgian and German influences that have shaped the Dutch brewing industry. You’ll learn about the spots where Amsterdam warehouses used to store beer back in the 15th century, then take a detour through the Red Light District to visit a small brewery located in this infamous area.
Your tour will finish here, but you’re free to keep exploring the area — your guide can give you some local tips so your Amsterdam adventure doesn’t have to end just yet.
- Local English-speaking guide
- Rental of a Dutch-style back-pedal bike
- Ferry ride
- Some food and drinks (4-5 afternoon snacks with 1 traditional drink, 1 beer at 3 stops/bars, and 1 typical Dutch bar snack)
What's Not Included
- Additional food and drinks
- Souvenirs and items of a personal nature
- Tips/gratuities for your guide and bartenders
Know Before You Go
• Due to the ever-changing Dutch weather, please come prepared for rain and wind, and wear comfortable footwear for walking and cycling.
• For your tour you will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people.
• Travelers under 18 years of age are not permitted to join this tour.