Watch the sunset over the Dutch countryside on a 4-hour canoe tour from Amsterdam. Escape the hustle and bustle of the city center in the evening, and paddle through farms and villages. Stop for a light picnic snack, and swim in a lake on warmer nights.
What to Expect
Escape the hustle and bustle of Amsterdam on a peaceful canoe tour through the Dutch countryside on the outskirts of the city center. Watch the sunset as you paddle past farmhouses and beautiful landscapes.
Meet your guide at Amsterdam Central Station for the 15-minute transfer. Enjoy a drink at a local pub, before climbing into your canoe to paddle the scenic route. Pass quaint farmhouses, typical mills and animals grazing in the fields. Stop for a light picnic of local produce at the side of a lake. On warmer days you can swim in the lake, or just relax and enjoy the tranquility of your surroundings.
End as you started; with another drink! Then, make your way back to Amsterdam by public transport. Your guide will share fascinating stories throughout the trip for a more intimate experience of Amsterdam and The Netherlands.
- Transportation from Amsterdam Central Station
- A drink before and after the tour
- Donation to Landschap Noord Holland
Know Before You Go
• Be sure to wear clothing suitable for this outdoor activity. Your shoes will get wet and dirty. It’s a good idea to bring spare clothes and shoes
• There’s a special bucket for mobile phones and cameras to keep them dry
• This is a small group tour, with a maximum of 10 participants