Discover Amsterdam's infamous red light district on a 1.5-hour tour with a German city guide. Learn more about the work of prostitutes, the sex theaters with their quirky shows, as well as the history of the district.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Duration 1.5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Private or small groups available
Select participants and date
Meet at the stairs between the lion sculptures of the Nationaal Monument, facing the Royal Palace, at Dam Square. Look for the big white pillar/obelisk. Your tour guide will be wearing a red name tag around their neck.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Face mask or protective covering
- Unaccompanied minors
Know before you go
- Please note that in summer it gets dark at around 10:00 PM
- On Fridays and Saturdays a lot of tourists visit the Red Light District. If you would like a quieter tour please take the tour on another day
- The tour will take place in any weather. Don't forget an umbrella for rainy days
- Distance traveled is approximately 1.8 kilometers at a comfortable pace during the city tour
- It is forbidden to take photos of the prostitutes
- Participants of the public tour 16 years old and older must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Participants can go on the public tour unaccompanied from 18 years of age. Participants younger than 16 can only participate in a private tour. The private tour can be adjusted depending on their age
- For a €22 surcharge a historical city tour can be booked