Amsterdam: Life of Anne Frank and World War II Walking Tour
A GetYourGuide Original
The ultimate tour experience
- Unforgettable local guides
- Personalized experience
- Hidden highlights
- Priority access
- Full refund if you didn't enjoy the tour
Love where you're going, guaranteedWith a GetYourGuide Originals tour, you can enjoy complimentary rescheduling if you’re late or plans change, and a full refund if you’re not completely satisfied after taking your tour.
Unforgettable local guidesLed only by 5-star guides and local aficionados, you can expect intriguing insights, fun facts, and stories from the people who call your destination home.
Personalized experienceA maximum of 20 people on your tour, which means you'll enjoy a more interactive, personalized experience.
Top sights (and hidden ones, too)On an Originals tour, you'll discover lesser-known treasures that other visitors often miss, bringing you a deeper understanding of your destination.
Priority access — more time to exploreLong line? We'll show you how to skip it. Packed out sights? Follow us to the secret quiet spots. On Originals tours, you can explore in ways that others can't.
The Original experience
- Learn about the story of Anne Frank and her diary
- Visit the Jewish Cultural Quarter with an expert guide
- See important monuments such as the Portuguese Synagogue, Jewish Historical Museum and Auschwitz Monument
- Choose from either a small-group or private guided experience
- Hear about the Dutch Resistance in the Second World War
You will hear all about Anne Frank’s family dynamics, their move from Germany, their time in hiding and her father’s life after the war.
Start the tour outside the Portuguese Synagogue, a 17th-century Sephardic construction that still functions as a synagogue today. Find out about the background of the original Jewish neighborhood and how it developed over the centuries.
Your guide will share stories of Anne Frank’s love of writing, the conditions she lived through in 1930s and 1940s Amsterdam, and how her diary became so famous. You will also hear about the Dutch Resistance during the Second World War and see where secret hiding places were located.
Over the course of the tour you will see the Jewish Historical Museum, Auschwitz Monument and the Anne Frank House façade. Finish the tour with a small surprise at a local Dutch cafe.
- Professional guide
- 2-hour walking tour
- Tickets to the Anne Frank House
- Transfers to meeting point
Prepare for the activity
• Your tour starts in front of the Portuguese Synagogue. Address: Mr. Visserplein 3, Amsterdam. • Look for your guide by the olive trees and wooden bench facing the Portuguese Synagogue's main entrance. • Look for a guide wearing GetYourGuide attire and holding a red GetYourGuide flag • Metro: the closest station is 'Waterlooplein' • On foot: a 15-minute walk from Dam SquareOpen in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
- Charged Smartphone
- Luggage or large bags
• Please note, this tour doesn't include a ticket to the Anne Frank House. Tickets need to be purchased separately.
• If you also want to visit the Anne Frank House, it is advised to book your tickets a few months ahead as they often sell out in advance
• Children up to 3 years of age can participate in this tour for free
• Masks (€1.50-€3) and headphones (€4-€5) are available to purchase at the start of the tour
• To comply with social distancing, please download the following app to your fully charged smartphone before the start of the tour: tripi.world