In this full-day tour, you will visit the spectacular Roman forum at Jerash, the Nymphaeum and the Temple of Artemis in Jerash. Continue to Ajloun, the historic Islamic castle, then conclude your day at the ancient city of Umm Qais.
What to Expect
Discover the sights and cities surrounding Amman on this full-day tour. Your tour first heads to Jerash, the best-preserved example of a Roman provincial city in the Middle East. Visit the city's spectacular forum, its Roman colonnaded street, the Nymphaeum (a monument consecrated to the nymphs of Greek mythology in 191 AD), and the Temple of Artemis.
The tour then proceeds to Ajloun, the great 12th century Islamic castle built by the famous sultan Saladin to defend his lands from crusaders.
Continue to Umm Qais, which was a member of the famous Decapolis, a union of 10 cities founded by Alexander the Great. Here you can enjoy a commanding view of the north Jordan Valley, the Golan Heights, and the Sea of Galilee.
- Pick-up from your hotel in Amman and back
- Transport by private, air-conditioned, new vehicle with English-speaking assistant
- English-speaking guide in Jerash (about 1 hr)
- Entrance fees to mentioned sites
- A bottle of Mineral on board vehicle
- All service charges and taxes