Alsace: Guided Wine Tasting and Cellar Visit
- Discover the wines of Alsace through a guided wine tasting
- Learn about the winemaking process used in the Alsace region
- Admire the oak barrels from 1850 which are still in use
- Taste some specialties which are made only in this winery
Taste a range of locally produced wines, now in organic conversion, from sparkling wine to red wines, dry and sweet white wines, and even rosés. Savor the unique flavors of the region while learning about their back ground and how to pair them with different foods.
Visit the winery cellar and check out the barrels made in 1850 that are still in use today. Learn how they lend a certain irreplaceable note of flavor to the wines they hold. From the facts and figures of Alsatian wines to the secrets of winemaking to the history of the region, everything will be shown and explained to you. Ask as many questions as you want and delight in your senses of smell and taste.
- Guided wine tasting and cellar tour
- Kougelhopf (a yeast-based cake)
Prepare for the activity
Our winery is located in Gertwiller and is called "Au Péché Vigneron". Stay on the main road, don't turn in the little street on the left and park on the big parking lot that you will see. The entrance of the shop is here, just on the other side of the street. It is a cube in wood, between two houses, one purple, one blue.Open in Google Maps ⟶