Discover the charming Dutch town of Alkmaar on this 2-hour small group tour. Join your guide as you walk along the cobbled streets and picturesque canals, and get a sense of Dutch history, culture and way of life without the big-city crowds.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Duration 2 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Wheelchair accessible
- Small group
- Limited to 10 participants
Select participants and date
Outside the main entrance to the Grote Sint Laurenskerk (on the Koorstraat) in Alkmaar's city center. Your guide will be standing by the lamp post with seating underneath it. How to get to Alkmaar: Alkmaar has direct train connections from many large cities including Amsterdam (35 minutes) and Haarlem (40 minutes) and the Alkmaar Train Station is only a 10 minute walk from the city center. There are also several parking garages located just outside the city center.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Unaccompanied minors
Know before you go
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Participants must be able to walk continuously for 3-4 km
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes and dress appropriately for the weather. Don't forget your camera
- On Monday and Thursday tours depart at 12:30 PM. On Tuesday, Saturday and Sunday morning tours depart at 10:00 AM. On Wednesday tours depart at 09:30 AM. On Friday tours depart at 10:00 AM or 12:30 PM depending on time booked