Alkmaar: Small Group City Walking Tour
- Walk 3-4 km through the medieval center, along picturesque streets and canals
- See some of Alkmaar's most important and historic monuments
- Learn all about the history of Alkmaar and how the strength and determination of the townspeople managed to defeat the Spanish forces in 1573
- Get an insight into Dutch culture and way of life from a foreigner's perspective
- Walk along the old city walls and experience the greener side of Alkmaar
Learn all about the history of Alkmaar and how the strength and the determination of the townspeople managed to defeat the Spanish forces in 1573. Stop at the Molen van Piet (Piet's Windmill) for the perfect Dutch photo opportunity. You will also get an insight into Dutch culture and way of life from a foreigner's perspective. You will not only see some of Alkmaar's most iconic monuments, but you will also wander off the beaten path and see the real Alkmaar.
Join a small group tour and enjoy a more personalized experience.
- Small-group walking tour
- Friendly English-speaking Canadian guide
- Transportation to and from Alkmaar
Prepare for the activity
Outside the main entrance to the Grote Sint Laurenskerk (on the Koorstraat) in Alkmaar's city center. Your guide will be standing by the lamp post with seating underneath it. How to get to Alkmaar: Alkmaar has direct train connections from many large cities including Amsterdam (35 minutes) and Haarlem (40 minutes) and the Alkmaar Train Station is only a 10 minute walk from the city center. There are also several parking garages located just outside the city center.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• Participants must be able to walk continuously for 3-4 km
• Please wear comfortable walking shoes and dress appropriately for the weather. Don't forget your camera
• On Monday and Thursday tours depart at 12:30 PM. On Tuesday, Saturday and Sunday morning tours depart at 10:00 AM. On Wednesday tours depart at 09:30 AM. On Friday tours depart at 10:00 AM or 12:30 PM depending on time booked