Experience the authentic outback lifestyle on this 3-day adventure safari from Alice Springs. Led by a professional guide, explore Uluru-Kata National Park, camp out under the stars, and cook dinner on a campfire! Transportation and meals are included.
What to Expect
Experience true desert life on this 3-day adventure tour from Alice Springs. Drive along dirt roads, stay in private bush camps, eat food cooked on a campfire, and sleep out under the southern stars.
Led by a professional guide explore the Uluru-Kata National Park, taking in the gorgeous landscapes as the sun rises and sets. Walk through the Valley of the Winds and get great views out over the George Gill Ranges. Explore Watarrka on a 6-kilometer walk through its towering walls, crevices, and plateaus.
This is a fun and relaxing adventure, with all the details such as food, accommodation, and transportation already organized for you.
Day 1 (L, D)
After being collected from your accommodation in Alice Springs in the early morning, hit the road heading south towards Erldunda. Travel through Waterhouse and James Ranges, stopping-off at a camel farm for refreshments and a camel ride, if you desire. Continue on to Mount Ebenezer Roadhouse where you can shop for traditional Aboriginal artifacts and souvenirs.
After lunch, arrive at the Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park and visit the cultural center. This is a great chance to learn about Aboriginal law and religion. Explore the base of Uluru, and marvel at the famous changing colors of Uluru at sunset while sipping sparkling wine. Kick back, relax, and take in the unique landscape of the desert.
Day 2 (B, L, D)
Experience sunrise over Uluru and Kata Tjuta before setting off on a leisurely 7-kilometer walk through the Valley of the Winds. After a stop-off at the Resort for refreshments, arrive at King’s Creek Cattle Station for the second night’s private bush camp. With nobody else for miles, this camp has stunning views out over the George Gill Ranges and gives you a real feel for the outback. Dinner around the campfire makes for a very social time with another night out under the stars.
Day 3 (B, L)
Enjoy a leisurely start to the day before heading off to Watarrka (Kings Canyon) for a 6-kilometer walk through the towering walls, crevices, and plateaus of Watarrka. Visit the Amphitheatre and the Lost City, plus take a swim in the tranquil Garden of Eden if you wish.
Later start making your way back to Alice Springs traveling on a typical outback dirt road. You will be dropped-off back at your hostel/hotel early evening, and meet later for a bit of a night on the town.
- Professional guide
- Air-conditioned transportation
- All meals
- Camping equipment and fees
- Pillow and sleeping bag hire
- Drinking water (please provide your own bottle)
What's Not Included
- Personal expenses
- National Park entrance fees
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• Please bring a torch, wide brimmed hat, sunscreen, insect repellent, water bottle (1.5 liters), walking shoes/boots, sleeping bag (if you prefer to use your own), toiletries, swim wear, towel, camera, and comfortable and casual clothing for 3 days.
• Itinerary may change due to cultural reasons, seasonal changes, operational logistics, and accessibility.
• Safari is not suitable for children under 8 years.
• Due to limited space in the vehicle please restrict luggage to a day pack and 1 soft overnight bag/backpack (maximum 10kilogram).
• No Refund within 7 days of travel, 25% within 8-13 days of travel, 50% within 14-30 days of travel.