Faro: Deserta Island and Farol Island Catamaran Boat Trip
- Experience the Ria Formosa - one of the 7 Natural Wonders of Portugal.
- Cruise gently on a comfortable catamaran
- Visit the Deserta Island
- Explore the Farol Island
Depart from the Marina of Faro sailing slowly through the channels of the Ria Formosa to fully enjoy the beautiful landscape. Along the tour you will see birds like the Grey Heron, the White Stork and many other birds that use this area as a feeding habitat.
As you approach the islands and beaches you see the lighthouse of Culatra Island where you make our first stop. Looking around, one can observe the hard work of the people in the oyster and clam farms. A closer look towards the coastline and you will notice the market of the city of Olhão - an important fishing town. And off toward the ocean you can glimpse one of the most important sea entrances of the Ria Formosa.
The next stop is Farol Island. Here, you can enjoy a walk around the streets of this small but friendly community. When passing by the lighthouse, go on until the very end to admire an extensive beach of fine white sand washed by calm warm waters.
Leave the Farol Island and make your second stop at Deserta Island. This island is also known as Barreta Island. Here lies the most southern point of Portugal - the Santa Maria Cape. In this second stop you can choose to explore the fauna and flora of the island by an easy walk or simply enjoy the sunshine and bathe in the clear waters of the beach.
- 3-hour catamaran boat trip (includes a stop of 1 hour in Farol and up to 30 minutes in Deserta)
- Life vests
- Local guide
- Live commentary on board
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Tips (optional)
- Any extra expenses
Prepare for the activity
The meeting point for your tour or activity is at the office of the local partner at the shop Pure Nature Store - ground floor of the building of Ginásio Clube Naval de Faro (Nautical Club of Faro). Please check-in for your tour or activity with team members at least 10 minutes before the departure time.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
- Sun hat
- Rain gear
- Comfortable clothes
• It is recommended to bring:
(1) Comfortable clothing and footwear
(2) Hat, sunscreen during spring and summer
(3) Waterproof clothing for tours during autumn and winter
(4) Bathing suit, towel for tours during spring and summer
• Note: the schedules of departures and arrivals, the duration and itineraries of the activities are subject to change without previous notice due to security determined by the weather conditions, tides and/or other circumstances beyond our control
• The tour with a 06:00 PM departure will end at sunset