Faro Bike Tour through the Beautiful Ria Formosa
- Enjoy a fun and unique way to explore the rich biodiversity of the Ria Formosa
- Cycle along the coast to explore the saltpans, marshlands and the beautiful beaches
- Learn about the rich life that lives in these protected lands
- Discover why the Ria Formosa is considered one of Portugal's Seven Natural Wonders
As we set off, you will be treated to sights of birdlife and the incredible range of wildlife these protected lands have to offer. Your guide will help explain this unique environment as you visit the Saltpans -- a truly marvelous place to stop and enjoy some birdwatching. With binoculars in hand, you'll be invited into a world of Flamingos.
Next up, we'll pedal our way to the marshlands of the Ria Formosa, where you will get a great sense of how these channels and small islets make up this rich landscape.
After continuing along, you will arrive at the Praia de Faro (Faro Beach). All of your efforts pay off here as we have some of time to relax on the beach and enjoy a refreshing drink. The azure blue waters invite you to take a swim before continuing your journey back to Faro.
- 3-hour bike tour
- Use of bikes and safety equipment
- Local guide
- Live commentary
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Tips (optional)
- All other extras
Prepare for the activity
• The meeting point is at the local partner’s office, Pure Nature Store, on the ground floor of the Ginásio Clube Naval de Faro (Nautical Club of Faro) building • Address - Formosamar Pure Nature Store - Piso 0 Edifício Ginásio Clube Naval Passeio Abu São Ibn Harune Doca de Recreio de Faro 8000-541 Faro • Please check-in with the team at least 10-members before the departure timeOpen in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
- Sun hat
- Comfortable clothes