See the important sites of Alexandria on a shore excursion that includes visits to the Citadel of Qaitbay, the reconstructed Bibliotheca Alexandrina, the Catacombs of Kom el Shoqafa, and more. Enjoy a break for lunch at a local restaurant.
What to Expect
You’ll be met at your cruise ship in the Port of Alexandria and spend 6-hours on a private sightseeing tour of Egypt's second city.
Your first stop will be at the Roman triumphal column known as Pompey's Pillar. It was constructed in honor of the Emperor Diocletian in 297 A.D. and rises over the ruins of the ancient temple to Serapis.
Next you’ll drive to the Catacombs of Kom el Shoqafa. This is the largest Roman cemetery and was constructed on 3 levels, cut into the rock.
Stop for lunch at a local restaurant in Alexandria and then proceed to see the Citadel of Qaitbay, which is on the site of the ancient Pharos, or Lighthouse of Alexandria.
Your last stop of the tour will be at the reconstructed Bibliotheca Alexandrina, a major library and cultural center built on the banks of the Mediterranean Sea.
- Pick-up and drop off at the Alexandria port
- Transfers by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Private English-speaking guide
- Entrance fees to sites mentioned in the description
- Bottled water available in the vehicle
- Lunch at a local restaurant
- All service charges and taxes
What's Not Included
- Any extras not mentioned in the description
Know Before You Go
You will be picked up at your cruise ship at the Alexandria port. Please provide the name of your cruise ship.