Day Tour from Alexandria Port including Pyramids and Sakkara
From $180 per personBook now
- Lovely driving trip from Alexandria Port to Giza
- Admire the 3 famous pyramids at Giza
- See the Great Sphinx and wonder about his missing nose
- Visit the ancient burial ground at Sakkara and explore a mestaba tomb
- Learn how authentic papyrus is made and purchase some for yourself
Look in awe upon a panoramic view of Egypt’s 3 most famous pyramids at Giza: the Pyramids of Khufu (Cheops), Khafre (Chephren), and Menkaure (Mycerinus). These imposing, architecturally impressive structures stand as they did for thousands of years. The Pyramids of Khufu is the only one of the original Seven Wonders of the World that still exists.
From there, you will travel to another impressive symbol of ancient Egypt, the Great Sphinx. This awesome structure is the largest monolith structure in the world, and features the head of a pharaoh with a lion's body. It is believed to date back to the time of Khafre, and stands very close to the pyramids at Giza. Your tour will also include a visit to the Valley Temple that sits next to the Great Sphinx. The remains of this temple belonged to the Pyramid of Khafre.
A tasty lunch will be served at a local restaurant. After filling up on Egyptian food, continue to Sakkara (Saqqara), Egypt's oldest ancient cemetery. This vast burial area will wow you with its abundance of smaller pyramids and sandy hills. Then pay a visit to not only the world's first monumental stone building, but the first Egyptian pyramid: the Step Pyramid of Djoser. Built by the engineer/architect Imhotep, this pyramid has six mestabas, or steps, of decreasing size built up into a pyramid shape. Finally, you will have the opportunity to view one of the magnificent mastabas (a rectangular burial chamber made of mud-brick or stone) of either Ptahhotep, Idut, or Mereruka.
Before beginning your return trip to Alexandria, your tour will stop at the Papyrus Institute. This is a very cool government-approved shop in Giza that produces and sells authentic papyrus. Fakes abound, so ensure that you get the real thing! Here, you can also shop for souvenirs of Cairo and Egypt.
- Transportation from Alexandria Port and return to the Port (by the cruise exit door)
- Transportation in a private air-conditioned vehicle
- Private English-speaking Egyptologist guide
- Entrance fees to all the mentioned sites
- Lunch during your day trip at a local restaurant
- Mineral water and a cup of tea or coffee during lunch
- Shopping tours in Cairo
- All taxes and service charges
- Personal expenses
We will meet at Alexandria Port in front of the exit door for your cruise. Drop-off will also be at the Alexandria Port near your cruise's departure area. (Open in Google Maps)
Product ID: 12927