Alexandria Shore Excursion: Overnight in CairoProduct ID: 17267
From US$295 per personBook now
- Visit the Great Pyramids of Giza and the mysterious Sphinx
- Tour the ancient burial ground of Sakkara
- Learn about Egyptian civilization at the Egyptian Museum of Antiquities
- Marvel at the Citadel of Salah el-Din
- Enjoy a cruise along the Nile
- Bargain for souvenirs at Khan el-Khalili bazaar
Next, get a close-up look at the sphinx - a huge funeral complex guarded by the legendary lion body with the face of king Chephren. Then visit the Step Pyramid of King Zoser, the world's first monumental stone structure. Visit the ancient burial ground of Sakkara, used continuously for 3,000 years. At the end of the day you will be transferred to your hotel in Cairo.
After breakfast, begin your second day in Cairo with a visit to the Museum of Egyptian Antiquities. The museum displays a rare collection covering 5000 years of Egyptian history, considered the largest and most precious collection of Egyptian artifacts anywhere in the world. Over 250,000 items are presented, including an exhibit dedicated to the fabled treasures of King Tutankhamen.
Visit the renown12th century Citadel of Salah el-Din. On the premises is the Alabaster Mosque of Mohammed Ali, one of the landmarks in Cairo whose minaret can be seen from any part of the city. Then stop at Khan el-Khalili bazaar. One of the oldest bazaars in the Middle East, its shops are legendary for fine brass-ware, copper, perfumes, leather, silver, gold, and antiques. Once you've finished souvenir hunting, enjoy a felucca ride on the Nile before heading back to Alexandria.
- 1 night hotel accommodation in Cairo
- 2 full-day tours of Cairo and Giza attractions
- Half-hour Nile cruise
- Entrance fees to attractions
- Services of an English-speaking guide
- Egypt entry visa
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity costs
A tour representative will greet you by the exit door of the cruise ship terminal upon your disembarkation in Alexandria Port. (The representative will be holding a sign bearing your name.) Upon meeting your tour representative, you will be transferred by an air-conditioned vehicle to Cairo. (Open in Google Maps)
Product ID: 17267