It’s considered one of the best sites for bird watching. Caño Negro is also home of: sloths, monkeys, caimans, lizards, bats, and a variety of flora native of the wetlands. We take a boat to navigate for approximately three hours on the river.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- COVID-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 10 hours
- Starting time 7:30 AM
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- Spanish, English
- Our guides will explain you everything about this marvelous eco-system.
- The Caño Negro Wildlife Refuge is considered to be of the best sites on the continent for bird watching.
- Bilingual naturalist guide
- Transportation in an A/C bus
- Picnic lunch (vegetarian food available upon request)
- Pregnant women
- People with back problems
- People with heart problems
- Customers must keep distance in vehicles
- Customers are required to bring and wear masks
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
Hotels Arenal Zona 1Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Sun hat
- Alcohol and drugs
Know before you go
- What to bring: Light, comfortable clothing, sandals or tennis shoes, binoculars, camera, sunscreen lotion and insect repellent.
- Operation Minimum: 2 persons paying as a adults.
- Refund or Cancellation:
- Cancellation one day in advance (before 5:00 pm): No charge.
- Cancellations the day of the Tour: 100% cancellation fee applies.